Publisher's Note: Products purchased from 3rd Party sellers are not guaranteed by the Publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
Apply cutting-edge expertise to manage your patients’ scarring issues!
Scarring and fibrosis affect millions of people worldwide, and can be devastating both physically and psychologically, whether they result from major trauma such as burns or common conditions such as acne. Put today’s most advanced clinical approaches to work for your patients with The Scar Book: Formation, Mitigation, Rehabilitation, and Prevention! A multidisciplinary team of leading world experts presents the state of the art in scar pathophysiology and treatment, breaking down the barriers between medical disciplines to provide unprecedented holistic guidance.
- Grasp the full scope of the problem with a section on “Perspectives,” which presents insights into the history and current state of trauma rehabilitation, reconstruction, and scar management, and examines some of the ethical principles that serve to guide decision making.
- Understand scar pathophysiology with a section on “Formation” that covers the development of normotrophic, hypertrophic, and atrophic scars after cutaneous injury.
- Apply interventions that expedite wound healing and minimize scarring after injury with a section on “Mitigation.”
- Reduce the impact of existing scars,both large and small, with a comprehensive section on “Rehabilitation” that encompasses a wide range of treatment options including medical management, surgical revision, lasers and light devices, fat grafting, multimodal scar management, physical measures, scar camouflage, mental health support, and considerations in special populations such as children and patients with skin of color.
- Explore scar-related research and future advances with a section on “Prevention.”
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Table of Contents
SECTION I： Perspectives
1 A Historical Perspective on Scar Management
2 The Global Impact of Scars
3 Medical Conditions Associated with Scarring and Fibrosis
4 Scars and Scar Management: Ethical Considerations
SECTION II： Formation
5 Scar Histopathology and Morphologic Classification
6 The Cellular and Molecular Basis of Scarring: THe Paradigm of Hypertrophic Scarring After Thermal Injury
7 The Biomechanics of Scar Formation
SECTION III： Mitigation
8 An Approach to Scar Mitigation
9 Optimizing Wound Healing and Scar Formation
SECTION IV： Rehabilitation
10 Medical Management of Scars
11 Neurobiology of Scars: Managing Pain and Itch
12 Surgical Scar Revision
13 Lasers and Light Devices in Scar Management
14 Laser-Assisted Delivery of Therapeutic Agents
15 Fat Grafting for Scar Treatment
16 Multimodal Scar Management
17 Atrophic Scar Management
18 Scar Management in Skin of Color
19 Rehabilitative Bum Scar Management
20 Scar Camouflage
21 Medical Tattooing
22 A Pediatric Perspective
23 A Perspective from Military Medicine
24 Recovery and Reintegration After Bum Injury
25 Integrating Scar Management into Clinical Practice
SECTION V： Prevention
26 Scar Treatment, Restoration, and Prevention─Beyond the Horizon?
27 Fetal Wound Healing
28 Clinical Scar Research: Quantitative and Qualitative Assessment of Hypertrophic Burn Scars
● Amazon： https://amzn.to/2uGvReB
● Bookdepository： https://bit.ly/2Jvhwqu
● Wolters Kluwer： https://bit.ly/2M8hwmK